I must share with you some of the blessings God has given me this summer! He has been so kind to me…
- Time With My Nieces. This summer I was able to spend a huge amount of time with my two five month-old nieces. Which is cool because I probably won’t get to see them very frequently for a large amount of time.
- Time With My Sister and Brother (in-law). I spent much of the summer with my sister and brother (in-law) as well, this is also very cool because I generally don’t get to see them much either.
- Generous Employers. God blessed me with two generous employers, one of them providing me with food, shelter and a car; the other paying me at an incredibly high rate for jobs that deserved much lower pay.
- Financial Provision. From these two jobs God provided me with all of the finances I need to pay for my fall semester at Moody Bible Institute! God is good!
- Financial Provision in Spite of My Laziness. Furthermore, I didn’t do any planning entering into this summer – but God provided in spite of my lack of preparation!
- Andy Hunter – Christian DJ. I was officially introduced to Andy Hunter, the master of Christian dance/dj/electronic music.
- Grace Bible Presbyterian Church. I was able to attend a church whose vision of God is big.
- Multi-generational Prayer Meetings. At this church I was able to participate in prayer meetings which were attended by elderly people as well as younger kids – how cool is that!?
- Sunday School. The Sunday school was also excellent at GraceBPC. Being able to contemplate God with people who have a far greater ability to read and understand Scripture than I was such a joy.
- Hospitality Outside of Church. Eating lunch with two families from GBPC in the home of one of those families was awesome. Experiencing genuine Christian hospitality is truly a blessing.
- The One True God. Earlier this summer I was given multiple booklets along with The One True God (a workbook on the Doctrine of God); these have been wonderful to read and go through as they have given me a greater understanding of God.
And this merely scratches the surface of God’s inscrutable goodness! For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever (Romans 11:36)!