I just saw this on a blog and I had to post it.
The top 30 signs that you might be an Emergent:
30. Your church has replaced the pulpit with a bar stool.
29. You once read a good story about some Jewish people and a cross.
28. You engineer every conversation so you are able to use the phrase, “you can’t put god in a box,” and laugh like you’ve said the funniest thing in the word.
27. You make everyone define everything before you begin a conversation. Since this takes forever you never really have a conversation.
26. You think hell is a construct somewhere in Tennessee.
25. You think everything is a metaphor for something else.
24. When you hear the word “Orthodox” all you think about is the great food at the Greek Festival every year.
23. You think “Patristics” is a new brand of snack food.
22. Church history started when your pastor was born.
21. The only Creed you know is a once-popular musical act.
20. You only curse around fundamentalists.
19. You leave your church because the sermon was not obscure enough.
18. You refer to your local assembly as “church,” “synagogue,” or “mosque” depending on who you are talking to.
Click here for the rest of the list.